March 28, 2010
Wow, I'm finding it hard to start writing today. I might have something to do with the gigantic burger I had today. They don't call it a Big Bob for no reason. I need a nap after that load.
We went surfing again this week. I would say that I did much better than when we went in the fall. The first day I tried a 9 ft long board and I was able to stand up 80% of the time. The trouble was on the next day when I decided to live life on the edge and try a 7' 2" board. Sure it was easy to paddle through the waves but I wasn't actually able to stand up when riding them. I found a small rip current that would carry me out past the breakers and then I would just take the waves back to shore. That was not a smart idea for a couple of reasons. #1 Once you get past the breakers, the waves don't really take you back to the shore, they just move you up and down. #2 as soon as the waves start to break, they are really big!!! I did a couple of summersaults in one of the 8 footers and stayed underwater for about 7 seconds in the swirling fury. Thankfully I made sure my leash was well tightened beforehand and my surfboard pulled me back to the surface.
Some sweet spiritual things are going on too. Remember the theme of hope for this month? Well I would say that my hope truly is in God! One of the guys said to me the other day that he would describe my year here at Kaleo as me being captured by God. Sweet stuff eh? I agree that when I came to Kaleo I wasn't fully convinced about God, now he is everything to me. Before I came to Kaleo, I struggled with the thought of giving up everything for God, now I really don't care about the things of this world or being successful. I just wanna serve God! There is honestly no better way that I can imagine living my life.
I am really pumped about the possibility of becoming a pilot. The more I think about it, the more I could see myself fitting into that type of job. My weaknesses and shortcoming have also shown themselves. For example, communication skills, or memory skills. I realize that I can work on these but they still pose a significant barrier. Please pray that God would give me wisdom in how to approach this potential career/lifestyle.
Thanks for your continued prayers,
Trent
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trent, you shouldn't reveal things in your blog that terrify your parents (i.e. gigantic waves that hold you under water...) :D
ReplyDeleteYou are captured by God! That's a great image/metaphor. Hold on to that one. Perhaps even captured by him from a wave that was about to take you under... Just a thought.
Keep dreaming - God has a plan for you. And even though you see your weaknesses (we all have weaknesses) remember that God has a way of providing everything you need.
2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
Remember Paul also had some weaknesses:
2 Cor. 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Cor. 13:9 We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong; and our prayer is for your perfection.
Somehow God makes up the difference especially when He calls you to do something for Him.
Blessings,