Monday, April 5, 2010

If I were a butterfly...

...I'd have leaves for breakfast and easter eggs for dinner.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. This past weekend has been an awesome time of random hanging out and I love it! On Saturday, I was going to take one of the guys to the hospital after an embarrassing but funny event, and after a mile of driving, my car started to sound different. After awhile, I pulled over and realized that the number of individual parts in my exhaust system had increased by one. Diagnosis: Exhaust pipe rusted in half. Now my car sounds really cool. According to my Dad, it's an easy fix.

This past week we had our Christian Worldview class, which was more like a philosophy class. It's our last one and even though I don't fancy sitting in class, I'm going to miss it. As with most of the classes, I can't remember much of what I learned but the concept of Shalom really stuck out to me. If someone were to mention he word Shalom to me, I would think of the North American version of Peace. But this is not what it means! Instead Shalom means that all relationships between God, Humanity and all creation are unhindered and functional. Other than that I can't remember much.

Quick praise item. One of the Kaleo students, we call him Nate (because that's his name), his sister has a brain tumor and we have been praying about it for quite some time. Finally, after an MRI the tumor has shrunk my a substantial amount and the Doctors say it was really bizarre for this to happen. Praise God!

Sigh, I wish I could say more but I can't think of anything that needs saying. Please pray that I would be able to use my time wisely here and that I would be able to fix my car in time for the drive home. 

Thank you prayer team!

Trent


2 comments:

  1. Heard this definition of Shalom from John Stackhouse:

    Shalom – the flourishing of every person, every relationship, every institution, and every part of the planet flourishing in relation to God… Enjoying being their true selves

    Blessings on your final weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.whatdobutterflieseat.info/

    ReplyDelete