Jan 31, 2010
That's pretty much the trend of this week. I can't say anything properly and it's getting annoying. My recollection stinks too. Things that I should know, just don't exist in my brain anymore. Not exactly the greatest timing for our Theology class this week. I am excited for it but I'm too tired to learn anything right now. I am constantly sidetracked by thoughts in my head, usually about the future. Please pray for peace in my mind. I am pretty sure that God wants me to go work back in Yorkton if Grandpa still offers me a job. But there are still many options and I have no idea where I am going to school in the fall. Briercrest is an option. I am learning that I don't stink at Bible college as much as I thought I did. It's right near Yorkton and there are a few things that I might be interested in taking. Not really sure where God wants me yet so I'm not able to decide what schooling to take. Maybe I'm already too smart and He doesn't think that I'll need schooling? Kidding. Could you pray that I would be sensitive to God's calling and that I would be willing to follow wherever he leads me? Greatly appreciated.
Church was awesome as usual. Jenna and I printed up a signup sheet for people who are willing to pray for us during the Olympics and at the end of the service almost everyone had signed it! Definitely a sharp contrast to what I'm used to. If you are interested, we will be sending out a weekly email with prayer requests and updates if we get internet access out there. Just let me know and I will add you to the list.
We went for dinner with the young adults from our church at the Shipyard restaurant. Best food I had since getting back to camp. Afterwards we went on a 20 minute hike to find a cave in the crown land. Well, they said it would only take 20 minutes but we got back 2 hours later. That's alright with me because we got to know Aurora, Matt, Logan, Pam, Kalvin, Justin and Peter a little bit better that a church setting would allow. Pretty rad bunch! I'm glad that I skipped out on my homework to enjoy God's creation.
May his Kingdom come,
Trent
P.S. I want to see who actually reads this blog. If you do, Please comment on it.
Oh, Oh, I do!!! I love hearing what's up at Kaleo! Keep the posts coming!
ReplyDelete-Jared Garfunkel.
i read it :)
ReplyDeletei read it.
ReplyDeleteYes - you know I'm reading it.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying with you about the "distraction" stuff and your future, Trent.
I know you might find it hard - but some of the best ways to deal with distractions is to spend time in solitude with some paper and a pen in your hands. Whenever a "distraction" comes up - write it down and "leave it on the paper" so that you can "focus" on listening to God. Take some scripture to focus on as well (otherwise the mind just wonders endlessly). Don't take a huge passage of scripture - focus on a small portion and listen to what the Spirit is saying.
The other thing is to let the anxiety go!!! Relax man - we all go through times of intensity. It's a season - and while it might contribute to what's next in your life - God won't let you miss anything He wants you to hear. He's faithful and even more persistent than you are! Relax and He WILL show you His way. If you're pursuing Him you won't miss it!
Let Him guide you into all truth!
I'm reading!!!! Was great talking with you the other night. Proud of you....
ReplyDeleteMommie
Of COURSE you know I read it!
ReplyDeleteLoved hearing about your adventures with your church people!! Sounds like you are getting more and more connected there -- which is evidence of you giving them your heart and time. Keep it up!