Monday, February 8, 2010

This blog is without an original title

Feb 8 2010

The reason being...Nothing significant has happened this week. Ok, maybe that's not true, it will come to me as I write. That's pretty much the way it works with these blogs.


For starters, this week was the Intro to Theology I class with Jim Paulson. My favourite prof so far, I even demonstrated this favour with a techie prank. ie, playing a cellphone ring through the sound system in the class room with AirTunes. He couldn't figure out what was happening! It definitely deserves a repeat with the next profs. Jim was also very quotatious, for example:


That’s my quick and dirty on doing theology
Are there demons in your projector?
It’s not an undigested piece of beef
There are times in my life I think I should go apologize to China
To China, I’m sorry, if I goofed up your nation, I’m sorry 
I’ve never seen the movie Natural Born Killers, but I’d like to build off the title of that movie


Yeah, good times. I'm gonna miss that guy. As for the class, I don't really have much to say. I figured out that I'm much more of a theology nut than I thought I was. All thanks to my youth pastor Bernd. The majority of the class was spent with the Calvinism vs. Arminian debate. According to the definitions in class, I used to be a hardcore Calvinist but now I'm not so sure. This class has made me even more confused about my relationship with God because I'm learning how much I don't know about him. Just when I thought I had him figured out, he became much more complicated. But this is a good thing because now I want to figure these things out on my own, I want to find out who God really is and shatter all the stupid assumptions that I have made about him in the past. It has made me much more excited to get to know him. 


I am still a little worried about the future, but much less so than last week. I have explored a few possibilities and I still haven't found one that sticks out to me. I like the idea of having a job that I am constantly learning something. The thing I am scared of most about my future job is it being boring, monotonous or without a future. I am quite comfortable with trusting God and I am learning to let go.


The Olympics are almost here! I will be sending out a weekly email so if you would like to recieve it, just let me know. Please continue to pray for the preparation of this trip. Some specifics for the Kaleo group are sleeping and showering arrangements, health concerns, and nervousness. 


Thanks for your continued support, I really do appreciate it!


Trent

1 comment:

  1. Wow - for a week that "nothing happened in" you sure had a lot to say :D

    I enjoyed reading about your growing love for theology and the fact that you still don't have God all figured out. I love to hear your longing to get to know God more deeply - that's His desire for you - it's a call to Maturity in Him.

    As far as the future stuff. God is always the leader. My friend, don't worry about finding "THE PERFECT JOB," focus on following God's desire for you - He's always teaching (even in the boring stuff). He knows what you need and how to use the desires, gifts and skills that He's given to you. While He may give you the "PERFECT JOB" right away - he may also use other experiences to develop you for the places He has for you in the years to come. It'll be awesome you'll see.

    You know this verse, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer. 29:11). While it was written to the people of Israel - we can be sure that God has these same thoughts for all His children. The point is to LET HIM LEAD. You CAN hear His voice and FOLLOW.

    Trent, I know that you are going to have an awesome time at the Olympics - and I know that God will use you even if you don't immediately understand the "how." God loves to use His people even when they don't know how they are being used. Just be open - and let the Spirit lead you. He will!

    Thanks again for being willing to share yourself through this blog.

    I'd love to receive your weekly email - if it's different than your blog.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete