Monday, January 25, 2010

Possibly the best week of my life

Jan 25, 2010

What do you get when you cross: sweet hang out time with friends, awesome chapel sessions, yummy food, excellent weather for snowboarding and a chalet with WiFi? The K7 Mount Washington trip of course! Thankfully, this year no one was seriously injured, in exception to a dislocated shoulder which had nothing to do with snowboarding or skiing. Though I was almost run over by a skier who sped by me so fast, I couldn't identify who they were. Anyone want to fess up? I caught on pretty quick to snowboarding, and was carving on the first day. But not after falling 80+ times learning how to do it. I wonder why I have never tried this sooner!

There was much more than snowboarding on this trip. We had a series of chapels following the days worth of activity. On one of the chapels we voiced the Jesus-like qualities that we saw in other people. I can't really remember what others said about me that night. But in the next chapel we gave each other a name according to what we saw in others. We also tailored this name to challenge the person to live up to it. The name that was first brought up for me was "servant" but that didn't really challenge me. Then Jim suggested "Bondservant" but they still weren't satisfied it. Then they suggested "Masterpiece," which is a great challenge to me. The reasoning behind this name comes from the fact that I like to work hard until what ever I am doing is good. I don't do things half-heartedly. The challenge from this name springs from my low self-esteem. It reminds me that God made me as his masterpiece and I should live and act accordingly. Sweet name eh?

I also attended the best church service At NCA so far. I played guitar and recorded the sermon and picked up someone special to attend the service with us then went to subway after and replaced my car headlight. Busy sunday eh? I am able to connect with the people there like never before. I can actually remember half the names of the congregation! Justin invited me to the guys bible study on thursday night, hopefully I can attend and hang out with some of the guys. Fun times.

Lots of homework to do,

Trent

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome, Trent. Masterpiece! That's great. I like the thought that you do what you do "wholeheartedly" as well. (Does that include papers and exams as well - haha).

    Thanks so much for sharing your journey again and again. It's encouraging to hear how God is forming you during these days.

    Solomon prayed to the Lord, "there is no God like you in heaven or on earth--you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way." (2 Chr. 6:14).

    Keep walking God's way Trent - He is with you.

    ReplyDelete